Calvin's Most Recent Activities during pandemic

 NOTE: I wrote this for a school project.

September 3rd, 2020


During a pandemic, my activities are limited. I can’t go to the mall, I can’t play in the arcade, and I can’t go out just to get a family meals. However, my brother and I can cycle around the house. 🚴🏼‍♂️ 🚴🏼‍♂️ 🚴🏼‍♂️

So that I don’t get bored because I stayed too much at home, my mom sometimes takes me to go around town by car but doesn’t stop somewhere, of course not forgetting that we have to wear masks and sit far from my sister.

My mom held a charity event during the fasting month. My brother and I were not allowed to participate remembering the rules of keeping distance. While waiting for my mother went outside, a stray cat came into the house and wouldn’t came out after a few times I took it out. My brother and I decided to keep the cat, because the cat was quiet and kind. I named him Tuil (I don't remember namming that).

Day after day I feed and caress it. My mom noticed that the cat’s fur was falling out. Due to a lot of cat fur that fell out in the house, my mother was afraid that the cat’s fur could become a disease, so my mother decided to keep Tuil away from home. After Tuil was gone, I spent more time cycling.

When the government decided that the Pandemic period became New Normal, we could go outside the house, such as malls, grocery store, bookstores, and restaurants. There are still many entertainment venues that are still closed. Malls, grocery stores, bookstores, and restaurants had limited time, there are only open until 8:00 p.m., of course with health protocols that we must comply with, such as wearing masks or face shields, washing hands, checking body temperature and maintaining distance before entering the public area.

Until now, my mom did not take my brother and I to the mall, but we often when to grocery stores to buy daily necessities, sometimes we also go for family dinner to the restaurants.Two weeks ago I had an on-site piano course exam. I was obliged to wear a mask and face shield. My mom drove me and we had to wait in the car until there was instruction from the teacher. While waiting for me to practice again using the virtual piano on the iPad. When it was time for the exam, I was obliged to wash my hands before and after the exam.

The period of the COVID-19 pandemic has not been over until now, there are still many people who are positive for COVID-19, more than before the New Normal period. Sometimes my brother and I still go out to get rid of our boredom, of course with health protocols for prevention.

Comments

Popular Posts