My Ups & Downs of Year 9 Retreat Experience

 Retreat is not just any ordinary school camp. But there is a character development in it. Today I will be telling the story about my experience during my Retreat session.


Day 1: Preparation

On August 26th 2024, I went to the school to get ready for the trip to the retreat house. When I met my old friends in 8th grade It was great and I think we're back again. We are assigned to the groups according the color I get in my nametag, and I got most of my old friends in the same group. So far day 1 of retreat is not really interesting, so lets skip to Night 1 of the retreat! 


Night 1: Where all things start to get interesting

At that night after dinner, we all stand in line where we have to get the password to get in the auditorium. It's like waiting in line early for the new limited PS5 at the GameStop. but we got moved back to the dining room for a little talk by the lead of the event cuz we're late for entering the auditorium. at that time I call it the chair incident. Why? you'll find out urself...

Then, at the end of the night, it's the taize worship session that could be joined by any religion including Atheists. And I guess that's all...


Day 2: It's Getting Bigger!!

When that guy got me I was like "GAME ON!!!" the next day. The session is about being an anti-bullying ambassador. What a coincidence that we just recently demonstrated the bullying part. The Ice Breaking session was bad, not only that it was cringe I was arguing about my life, with a partner I guess. The games in an assigned group at the beginning was great. During the jenga session Someone hid my pencil case. Luckily I saw him doing it and knew the location.

Tonight, which is the peak of the event. We had s reflection session mostly. Also we got our love letters from our parents. I saw some people cry while reading it. Then, the session where we all apologize, to our enemies. This is a very heartwarming experience. During the bedtime. Everyone is so chaotic instead of sleeping, its past 11PM and the teachers are really mad. And thats all for day and night 2


Day 3: Goodbye

The last day. The event ended with a mass and foto sessions. We all greeted by the arrival of the 2nd wave, getting ready for the first day of retreat. And we went home back to school with the bus.


Thats all for today. Sorry no photos to protect our privacy.

Comments

Popular Posts